We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Site. The information we collect allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient SmartHires experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our SmartHires users:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
In order for you to participate in the SmartHires network, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your e-mail address.
You are also asked to fill out your personal profile. The profile information includes name, location, education, work experience, ... and may be used to identify or contact you. This information will be retained in our database. When upload documents (e.g. images, pdfs, ...) on our Site, this information will be stored on our server along with your profile information.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. SmartHires and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, SmartHires cookie information, and the page you requested. SmartHires uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. SmartHires cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone, and we will share your personal information only as described below.
- SmartHires Recruiting: We will disclose your information to companies and their employees that are registered on SmartHires. Unless excluded by you in your profile settings, any company registered may get access to your profile and your personal information.
- SmartHires Site Transactions: We will disclose your information to third party payment gateways to complete purchase transactions through the Site.
- Affiliated companies: We may distribute your information to affiliated companies within our business group.
- Invitation Services: We may offer you the opportunity to use our invitation services so that you may tell your friends about us. The service will enable you to import at your direction your contact list from certain email services that you use and send an email on your behalf from your email address inviting your friends to try our services. The information you provide will be used solely to facilitate your sending the invitation and will not be stored or used by us for any other purpose. Recipients of invitations may opt out of receiving further invitations from us, and we will retain that email address solely for the purpose of honoring opt-out requests.
- SmartHires Personnel: SmartHires personnel and agents may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of SmartHires's business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if SmartHires, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Account registration information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other SmartHires users.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
SmartHires is concerned about your privacy and will never provide your email address to a third party without your permission as provided herein. SmartHires may send e-mails with SmartHires -related news, surveys or promotions. You may opt out of receiving these communications. You may also receive notification e-mails from SmartHires, which inform you of transactions conducted on the Site.
Your SmartHires account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting on project forums.
You may request deletion of your SmartHires account by contacting us at email@example.com.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
As explained herein, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
The SmartHires website is not directed to children. You must be 13 years and older to register to use the SmartHires website. As a result, SmartHires does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that SmartHires has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Last modified March 13, 2015